| Municipality: Langley Township
|| Date Reviewed: August 17, 2020
Facilities and Staff
The Township of Langley is working to carefully implement changes stemming from the Provincial Government's four-phased BC’s Restart Plan.
Staff will conduct business by email, telephone, including conference calls, or where necessary, by appointment. Online Services and
MyTownship access are available.
Council Meetings and Public Hearings
- Township of Langley Council has moved to electronic Council meetings. Regular Council meetings and public hearings have been replaced with Special Council meetings with Council
members participating remotely. View the council calendar for upcoming Special Council meeting dates as they are scheduled.
Special Council Meetings: These meetings will only be available online and the public can view the proceedings from home.
- All Council advisory committees are suspended until further notice.
Township council passed an amendment to the development application procedure bylaw waiving the requirements for public hearings and public information meetings, replacing them with “written submissions opportunities” based on the Pandemic.
Relevant background material may be viewed here
and submitted by email
Permits and Inspections
- Staff continue to process applications and inspection requests, but are changing the way we deliver service. Staff will contact applicants regarding next steps related to fees, documentation, issuance and inspection delivery.
- Continue to book required inspections, but be aware that some building inspections are currently suspended. This does not alleviate the requirement for inspections to occur.
- Engineering related permits can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will follow up regarding application fee submission at a later date.
- Permit processing and issuance timing may be delayed as we work to refine methods to provide service.
- Community Development and Building Permit related applications can be deposited in the small drop box outside the main first floor entrance or in the larger drop box beside the second floor entrance at the Township Civic Facility. If you have questions, contact:
- Building Permits - Permits Licence and Inspection Services at 604-533-6018
- Rezoning, Subdivision, and Development Permits at 604-533-6034