| Municipality: Richmond
|| Date Reviewed: August 17, 2020
Facilities and Staff
City Hall is open to the public for property tax and utility payments only. Cheques, debit or credit cards will be accepted. Cash will NOT be accepted. Hours: 8:15am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
The City continues to offer services and can be reached by telephone at 604-276-4000 and email at email@example.com, or by contacting a department directly.
No cash transactions will be accepted at City Hall until after September 30, 2020. Please note: Do not deposit cash in the City’s drop box, cash will not be processed.
Council Meetings and Public Hearings
- Community members are encouraged to stream Regular Council Meetings online.
- Delegations wishing to be heard on an item that is on the Regular Council Meeting agenda can submit comments by 6 p.m. on the Monday of the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping off comments in the Drop Box outside City Hall.
- Previously submitted Development Applications continue to be processed. Staff are available by email and phone.
- New applications can be submitted by Courier to City Hall.
- Any applicants with questions on their applications should contact the Planner or call 604-276-4138 or 604-204-8653
Permits and InspectionsBuilding, Gas, Plumbing, Tree & Demolition Permit Applications
Building, Gas, Plumbing & Tree Inspections
Completed application forms and supporting materials along with payment by cheque can be sent to Richmond City Hall via courier only. Please contact Plans Processing staff at 604-276-4285 to arrange for drop off and receipt of materials.
Electronic applications and supporting materials can also be submitted. Completed forms, materials and a covering message should be emailed to email@example.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-276-4118 for general inquiries.
Inquiries on applications that are already in-process should be forwarded to the Plan Reviewer in charge via email or telephone. Please include your address or permit number in all correspondence.
Requests for inspections continue to be received, however some may have unavoidable service delay or interruption.
All physical site inspections within existing, occupied residential dwellings are suspended until further notice.
For all other construction, alternative arrangements to inspection compliance may be made upon contacting the inspector: