| Municipality: Squamish
|| Date Reviewed: August 17, 2020
| Process Changes:
Facilities and Staff
- Municipal Hall: Front counter service is open with in-person service between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Seniors Hours are in effect between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. daily, and seniors will be prioritized throughout the day. Physical distancing, enhanced sanitization protocols and customer limits are in place.
- The District of Squamish can be contacted by phone at 604-892-5217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council Meetings and Public Hearings
- “Regular Business Meetings” for April and May are being replaced with “Special Meetings”. This will allow for greater flexibility in scheduling and holding meetings and Council will be taking up the new ability granted by the Province to hold meetings entirely electronically to protect our staff and council and adhere to physical distancing recommendations.
- Council has committed to ensuring that decisions which require, by legislation or bylaw, public participation will not move forward to a Public Hearing in order to ensure that the community continues to have every opportunity to participate in the public process. As always, the public is encouraged to be aware of what is on the Council Agenda and watch the meeting live-streamed on the District website, or at a later time from the meeting archive. At this time, there will be no public attendance in the Council Chamber, and the District is committed to keeping to agenda items where feedback can be received by correspondence/email without any hearings or in-person participation. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Options for expanded on-line public engagement opportunities are being explored for various projects.